Wine has been enjoyed since the dawn of human history – and for good reason. Complex and intriguing flavors and a delicious warming sensation combine to melt stress away and promote relaxation. These are the most obvious reasons for wine’s popularity, but there’s one that’s even more important. It’s good for you! Need proof? Here are 5 ways wine can actually improve your health:
- It’s good for your heart. Multiple studies have shown that red wine such as pinot noir, and even many white wines, can reduce your risk of heart failure and cardiovascular disease, while also lowering your blood pressure.
- It can improve your memory. After a night of too much drinking, your memories of the evening might be a bit fuzzy. But over the long term, moderate consumption of wine has actually been shown to sharpen the mind and reduce the risk of cognitive decline and diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- You’ll enjoy a longer life. Again, the key is moderation – we want to state that up front. However, researchers have found that those who enjoy a glass of wine regularly tend to live longer than their non-imbibing counterparts.
- It’ll put you in a better mood. Does this one really need explaining? Probably not, but we’ll do it anyway. When you enjoy healthy wines, like a nice pinot gris or pinot noir, your body relaxes and feel-good endorphins are released to boost your mood.
- You’ll like the number on the scale better. Who would’ve thought wine would be good for your waistline? When compared to other alcoholic beverages, wine – pinot noir, pinot gris, etc – has a much lower calorie count, and wine-drinkers are less likely to be obese.
We think Benjamin Franklin said it best: “Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance.” He’s absolutely right, and adding healthy wines to your life can also result in some serious benefits you don’t want to miss out on. Raise a glass to your own health!