From incredible natural scenery to lively entertainment and decadent foods and local Oregon grown wines, Portland is a fantastic vacation spot. Making sure you have the perfect homebase from which to enjoy the city is key. Here are the 5 best Airbnb rentals in the city; grab a glass of Rainstorm pinot (the perfect complement to vacations!) and start planning.
1. Saul Zaik Treehouse – Located in the middle of the 193-acre Marquam Nature Park, this treehouse was made for people who want breathtaking 360 degree views. Hiking trails crisscross the park, and the city amenities are just a short drive away. Or you may be content to just relax in the treehouse, which is an architectural wonder in its own right.
2. The Mud Hut – This 1-bedroom earthen hut is completely hand-built. It’s lighted by candles and heated by a wood stove, perfect for those looking for a more rustic experience. The hut is surrounded by a large garden, and its private and serene setting make it ideal for unplugging and unwinding.
3. Garden Oasis – Within walking distance to Mississippi Avenue, this garden guest house is perfect for couples who want city accessibility and a private, relaxing retreat. The bungalow is situated amidst a lush garden and features 300 square feet of indoor living space, as well as a private patio. A cozy, tranquil place to recharge after experiencing Portland.
4. Zen Loft - It’s hard to believe the Zen Loft was once just your average garage! The owners used a mix of reclaimed wood and steel to create a peaceful, modern hideaway right in the heart of Portland, and there are tons of extra amenities to boot. The loft is an entertainer’s dream, with a huge kitchen and a large accordion door that opens to the patio, creating a massive indoor/outdoor space. There’s also a fireplace and a hot tub – the perfect spot to enjoy an Oregon grown wine.
5. O2 Haus - For those concerned about their carbon footprint, staying at O2 Haus is a must. This property is a net-zero passive home, relying on solar panels and airtight insulation to keep the property comfortable. Guests have a private bedroom, but share common spaces with the owners, longtime Portlanders who can recommend activities, restaurants, and more.
Your choice of lodging is one of the most important considerations when you go on vacation. In Portland, you have tons of options, but these 5 Airbnb rentals are truly some of the best. Whatever you’re into, whether it’s outdoor activities, nightlife, or just staying in to unwind, there is a rental that will be perfect for you. Just don’t forget to pack your favorite Rainstorm pinot.